Direct selling as a way to make money is fast becoming a very popular choice for many people who want to have their own business. Whether it is to supplement your income or to totally replace your usual 9 to 5 job, the satisfaction, fun and rewards of going it alone are very appealing. With annual sales exceeding £2 billion, there is certainly significant market share to take advantage of.
Your level of commitment can be variable, from a few hours a week to a full time job that fits around your other family demands.
The main characteristics of direct selling are:
- Usually require only a low initial investment – some are as low as £100.
- No formal qualifications are needed.
- A flexible job that is ideal for part time employment or semi retirement employment.
A good starting point to research established business opportunity brands are at the Direct Selling Association. A list of the current company’s registered with the DSA are:
Amway (UK) Ltd
AquaSource (UK) Ltd
Avon Cosmetics Ltd
Betterware UK Ltd
Cambridge Weight Plan
Captain Tortue Group
Energetix GmbH & Co.
Forever Living Products (UK) Ltd
GNLD International Ltd
|Herbalife Europe Ltd|
Lifeplus Europe Ltd
Mary Kay Cosmetics (UK) Ltd
Miglio Company Ltd
Nature’s Sunshine Products Inc
Neways International (UK) Ltd
Nikken UK Ltd
NSA (IR.BE.NL.UK) Ltd
Nuskin UK & Ireland
NYR Organic UK
Oriflame UK & RO
|Partylite UK Ltd|
Pro-Ma Systems UK
Tahitian Noni International
The Kirby Company
The Pampered Chef – UK Ltd
Truly Madly Baby
Usborne Books at Home
VK Direct Ltd
The benefit of using a company that is registered with the DSA is that you will know that the business will comply with relevant UK laws on trading. This does not mean that you should not pursue other options as there are many well popular established ones like those below, however you will need to do your own research is you choose a company that is not registered in the UK.
Some of the current popular options on how to make money from direct selling are:
Body Shop at Home
- A world-renowned, values-driven brand to help and support your sales.
- Ethical and fair trade based products.
- Earn 25% commission on your sales.
- Arrange parties or social evenings with friends to show off, sample and sell your products.
- Online training available.
- Initial pamper bag contains all the things you need such as products and catalogues. Further kits are also available for make-up and skin care.
- Support from a local area manager.
- Open to any one aged 17 or over.
Jamie at Home
- Following the success of the Jamie Oliver brand, then why not sell his range of designer-led of kitchen and dinnerware?
- Earn 20% commission on all products sold.
- Bonus and incentives structure.
- The possibility to celebrate your success with Jamie Oliver himself.
- Full support and training provided and contact with other network consultants.
- Launched in the UK in 2011, following the success in other countries around the world.
- A range of products including scented warmers, solid perfumes and plug-ins.
- Variable commissions earned based upon the volume of products sold.
- An, independent card publishing house, Phoenix Trading has sold over 100 million cards! it markets an exclusive range of cards and stationery through a team of in excess of 11,000 worldwide independent traders.
- Purchase stock at a 30% discount to selling price. This translates to a 43% markup profit for yourself. In addition there the possibility of an additional bonus based upon the volume of monthly sales.