If you are ever involved in a car accident that is not your fault then you are unfortunately likely to suffer from some or all of the following losses:
- Personal injury – whiplash, back pain, cuts and bruises etc….
- Collision damage to vehicle – car repairs are costly and can be very extensive following a crash. Your car may even be written off if it is viewed by the insurance company as ‘un economical’ to repair.
- Loss of the use of you vehicle – repairs to your vehicle can take a long time, in the mean time you will have to make alternative arrangements. Most accident claims management companies will however be able to arrange a hire car for your to use in these circumstances.
- Loss of earning – injuries from an accident or damage to your vehicle may mean that you are prevented from working.
- Loss of no claims discount – If were to you lose your entitlement to all or part of your no claims discount then the cost of your annual insurance premium would increase.
- The cost of your insurance policy excess – you may have to pay out the excess charges on your policy following an accident.
Luckily there is help available to ensure that you are compensated for any losses that you incur. One of the most common ways of recovering compensation for road traffic accidents is through an experienced solicitor who specialises in road traffic accident personal injury claims.
Most firms will pursue a claim on your behalf on a “No win, No fee” basis, meaning that if your claim for some reason is unsuccessful then you will not have to pay the solicitor costs. In addition they will likely take out an insurance policy to cover you against any other potential costs.